Last night I did something I very rarely do. I went to see a new movie at the theater. Knowing that Steve wouldn’t want to see it, my friend Mary Hutton and I saw The Devil Wears Prada. I read the book several years ago and don’t remember all the details, but I was dying to see the movie. So here’s what I thought:
- Meryl Streep was outstanding! She was so elegant and poised and played Miranda to a T.
- Anne Hathaway was good as the assistant, but scenes where she was drinking or sleeping with guys were a little weird. She just seemed so young to be doing that. Or maybe I’m just old. No, she seemed young.
- The girl who played Emily, the other assistant, was brilliant. I loved her.
- Stanley Tucci was extremely underrated in this movie. His part was terrific and he added so much to the workings of the magazine.
- The clothes, shoes and accessories were divine. I love food too much to starve myself for fashion, but I can understand how people get caught up in the world of beauty.
- One of my favorite lines is where Tucci’s character tells Andi (Hathaway) that “size 0 is the new 2, size 2 is the new 4 and 6, well 6 is the new 12.” Guess that makes me a plus-size!
This is a movie I want to own when it comes out on DVD.