More random, useless information about myself. Please feel free to chime in with your own info. I promise this is it. I’m posting this in lieu of the Topic of the Week since nobody seems to care about it.
* I’ve never had a passport.
* The only time I’ve officially left the US was to visit Niagra Falls in Canada.
* Really, does Canada count as “leaving the country”?
* My dad’s alcoholism affected me so much that I refuse to drink alone and monitor my own alcohol intake.
* I can recite all the states in alphabetical order.
* I’ve never lived anywhere but Springfield, MO.
* For years, I felt like an outsider around my mom’s side of the family. I still feel that way occassionally.
* I love movies about the mafia.
* I love to read true crime novels.
* I think most new music is crap.
* My music collection includes rap, country, opera, heavy metal, rock, jazz and almost everything except new age.
* I freakin’ hate new age music.
* My favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
* My second favorite book is In Cold Blood by Truman Capote.
* The character of Dill in TKAM is modeled after Truman Capote who was friends with Harper Lee.
* My love of both books is purely coincidental to their relationship.
* I’ve never done drugs. Of any kind.
* Except alcohol. But I haven’t abused it.
* I was once married to a gay man.
* He didn’t realize it at the time. Neither did I.
* I have played the piano, violin, bugle, clarinet and tenor sax in my life.
* I wasn’t really great at any of them, but moderately good at piano and sax.
* My husband is 4 years younger than I am.
* I’ve always liked younger men.
* I’m not politically active, but consider myself a Democrat.
* I think watering the lawn is a waste of water.
* I don’t like SUVs or minivans.
* Excessively needy people drive me nuts.
* I don’t like whiners either.