It seems like fashion has come to a complete stop here. I indulged myself yesterday with a leisurely day of shopping as our local Dillard’s was having a huge sale. I don’t know what I expected and I’m not sure I had a solid idea of what I wanted, but I found very little. I’m so bored with all the styles. Either they seem old and conservative, or they’re so weirdly constructed I need a manual just to figure out how to wear them. And the cool, trendy stuff is really expensive and really small. I have a real body and clothing designed for walking sticks just doesn’t work on me. I’ve been looking through my fashion magazines and have come up with some spring styles I do like:
* Wide-leg trousers. I tried on a pair yesterday at Express and loved them. They actually make me look like I have a waist.
* Lucite heels. I know, I know, this look can be trashy, but [Nine West](http://www.ninewest.com/n/browse/product.s?productId=2848194&source=category&index=0&prodIndex=0&listSize=4&categoryId=15006) makes a really cute pair. No word yet on the comfort level.
* Mod styles. I adore 60s fashions! Geometric prints and cuts are really fresh this season and I’ll be looking for a signature piece to add to my wardrobe.
* Bright accessories. I love adding punch to an outfit with bright shoes, jewelry and handbags. Just don’t overdo it!
* Shirt dresses. While I’m not a huge fan of dresses in general (who wants to feel their thighs sticking together?), I do love a simple, casual shirt dress. Since my lifestyle doesn’t support anything fussy, I’ll be looking for a casual, cotton version in an interesting color. I’m thinking of trying yellow. We’ll see.
* Wedge heels. Get out the ones you bought last year or invest in a new pair, but look for something with a cut out in the wedge for the most current look. I like adding height without the pain.
Now that I have my list, all I have to do is find these items. Since it’s only the beginning of March, I’m sure things will be arriving soon in the stores. I’ll wait until the first round of sales!