My brain has been working on overdrive lately as I get ready to leave for almost three weeks. With all the preparation, I’m full of random thoughts. I figured I’d share them with you.
* I noticed yesterday, as I was running errands at the mall, that people walk the mall like they drive. Most are ambling along, taking up more than their lane, and not paying attention to anyone around them. It was all I could do not to make honking sounds to get people out of my way. I’m focused here, move it!
* As I was driving home from the South side of town, the most bizarre thing happened to me. I was driving down Glenstone when I spotted a large piece of plywood in my lane. I was unable to switch lanes so I prepared myself to drive over it. Right when I approached it, the wind blew it up onto the hood of my car! I wasn’t scared so much as I was pissed. Fortunately, all the damage is cosmetic and my lights weren’t broken nor were dents made in the hood. I swear, my car is cosmetically cursed. I’ve had a garage door fall on the back end, been rear ended only hard enough to cause cosmetic damage, been backed into by my stepmom (again only cosmetic damage), had hail damage, a large scratch on the side and countless door dings. Good news is that the car runs great.
* Packing for almost three weeks is tricky. Not to mention the fact that it’s hotter and more humid than hell in Memphis. I swear, if I had the figure, I’d just wear a bikini.
* All the things I need for Arrowmont, work wise, weigh a ton! I packed my studio yesterday then discovered I was missing a key piece for my class. I needed a 4×4″ piece of fine silver sheet metal and I can’t buy it at Arrowmont. I called my metal distributor in St. Louis and they agreed to ship it to the school. Crisis averted!
* It will be weird to have a birthday away from home. No matter how old I get, I do enjoy a celebration and a bit of a fuss. Now, granted, I did have quite the fuss last year so I shouldn’t be whiney. I guess I just don’t want it to be like any other day. I bet Sarah and Rhiannon will make sure I have a good time!