Recently on Facebook, a list of 25 Things About Me has been floating around. I made mine and, since I’m feeling lazy, decided to do the same here. For those of you who are friends of mine on Facebook, please note that this is a different list.
1. My two least favorite movies are The Wizard of Oz and It’s a Wonderful Life.
2. I am not a fan of either Jimmy Buffett or Bruce Springsteen. (Hmm, I may actually not be an American).
3. If life had a uniform I think I could live in a white cotton shirt or black turtleneck, faded jeans and cowboy boots. Oh wait, I already do.
4. I think God knew what he was doing by giving me the body I have. If I had a better figure I’d just spend much more money on clothes!
5. My husband and I got engaged after knowing each other for only two months and got married six months later. The night we got engaged I got appendicitis.
6. It took me almost 30 years to listen to my gut instincts. I still ignore them sometimes, but they are right 99% of the time.
7. I never thought I’d be an artist. I actually have a degree in Communication.
8. I will rent a comedy over a drama almost any day. I like to be entertained.
9. After a 20 year daily Diet Coke habit, I quit cold turkey and haven’t had any for almost 1 1/2 years.
10. I have a horrible sweet tooth! Perhaps that’s why I can’t lose these 10 extra pounds.
11. I have never wanted children.
12. I’m a cat person, not a dog person. Dogs are too needy!
13. I had a music scholarship to college and used to sing regularly. I could never do that now because I’m horribly out of practice!
14. I have never had hair longer than my shoulders. I grew it out over a three year period then cut it all off right before my 40th birthday. I look better in short hair anyway.
15. I tend to have a mouth like a sailor.
16. I have an amazing sense of smell and can flavor almost any dish by smell alone.
17. If I had to give up cheese or chocolate, I’d pick chocolate. There’s just no substitute for cheese. Mmmm, cheese.
18. I act very confident and can talk to almost anyone, but I’m really quite insecure.
19. I’m an open, honest person and I expect others to be that way with me. Especially if they are my friends.
20. I was married before I met Steve. To a man who’s now gay. Well, he was always gay but now he’s out!
21. If I wasn’t an artist and had the talent, I’d be a stand up comedienne.
22. My favorite color is orange and I have touches of it in every room of my house. However, I don’t wear it.
23. I still have the toy I received for my very first Christmas. It’s a pull toy called Wacky Melon and I love it. All the kids who have been to my house play with it.
24. I once starred in an Infomercial for an inflatable, massaging chair. I even got paid for it.
25. My very favorite song is Hey Jude and has been since I was three years old. I know this because my mom wrote it in my baby book.