This morning, as I’m running around attempting to straighten my house, I’m reminded of those daily chores I hate to do. You know, the ones you’d gladly pay someone else to take care of, but you do them anyway. So here’s a sampling of the mundane chores that I put off until I have to do them.
* Put away folded laundry. I’ll fold it, but I hate putting it away.
* Empty the dishwasher. I don’t know why this is a biggie since my dishwasher is small, but I hate doing it.
* Hand washing dishes. Large soup pots, wine glasses and other delicate pieces will sit, rinsed, in my sink for days before I’ll wash, dry and put them away.
* Grocery shop. I don’t know anyone who likes doing this. Add to the mix the fact our nearest store is crummy and you have one of my most hated chores.
* Emptying the litter box. I give Steve that job.
* Emptying trash cans. Again, this is Steve’s job, but I sometimes have to do it.
* Making the bed. It’s the first thing I do, but I’d much rather let someone else take care of it.
* Vacuuming. Another Steve chore, but I tackle it occasionally since we have so much cat hair.
* Dusting. I do not dust. I should, but I don’t. I can let the stuff settle for months before taking care of the problem.
What are your hated chores? How do you tackle them? Helpful hints welcome here.