For some strange reason, I’ve been thinking about what I’ve learned so far in life. I thought I’d share them with you. Please feel free to add your own:
* My sister isn’t as annoying as I once thought she was. I actually like her and consider her my best friend.
* My mom really was right about some things (but don’t tell her I said that).
* I’ve learned that it’s ok I never had children. It’s a decision I don’t regret because I knew it was right for me.
* I’ve learned to listen to my gut instinct. It’s been right almost every time even if I didn’t listen.
* It’s ok to have loved, lost and learned. It’s better to come out smarter in the end rather than to play it safe and never experience something wonderful.
* Sororities are hugely overrated.
* While I may not always like my body, I’ve learned that I’ll never have a tiny waist or flat stomach so I might as well play up what I’ve got and cover up what I don’t.
* Sometimes when I think I want a larger house, I remind myself that it’s just more to clean.
* Quality is always better than quantity. Although that doesn’t seem to change my growing shoe collection!
* Every so often, it’s good to get outside my comfort zone.
* I may not be the most well read, well traveled or well rounded person, but dammit, I’m pretty cool for a 40 year old.
* It’s better to leave an terrible job, even if you don’t have another one waiting, rather than stay because you think it looks good on a resume or you like the money.
* Long hair does not suit me.
* Growing out my hair takes more patience than I ever thought I possessed.
* I’ve learned to feel comfortable around children of almost any age.
* I’ve learned that, when forced, I can be a very flexible person.
* I’ve learned to like white wine.
* I think I’ve finally figured out my sense of style. Although that could change next season!
* The older I get, the more opinionated I get, but the more comfortable I get with myself.