It was a very busy weekend here at Chez Kirks so, rather than go into extensive detail, I thought I’d sum up some of the best parts. Note: most of them revolve around food.
* Wild King Salmon and sea bass with Sarah and Dennis.
* [Greg’s](http://gregoryholman.blogspot.com/) Coq Au Vin – heaven on a plate.
* Brown-braised pearl onions and fresh sauteed mushrooms – perfection!
* Steve Moore’s crepes with fresh strawberries – a delicious end to our meal.
* Watching Heathers and laughing at all the horrible ’80s fashions.
* Curling up on the sofa with Rufus, Steve M’s adorable Pomeranian/Jack Russell Terrier mix.
* Smoked burnt ends by [Matt Kerner](http://www.kerner.net/) – so much culinary decadence in one weekend!
* New socks made by [Sarah Kerner](http://beautyschooldropout.net/) – I love how talented my friends are!
* Zesty bar-b-que sauce, spicy salsa, chips and Starbucks Java Chip ice cream.
* Duane’s fresh margaritas – the secret is the fresh-squeezed lime juice.
* Prudy’s gourmet meal – too many goodies to discuss.
* Fresh berries atop lemon shortcake – yum!
* Getting to know Pam and Jan better and laughing so hard our sides hurt.
* Spending a long weekend with great friends.