This and That

Whew! Time flies and I forget to blog (or I don’t have much to say). Last week was a blur and this week is shaping up to be another busy one.

Yesterday was one of those days where I just wanted to crawl back into bed and start over. I began by torturing myself at the gym with a new workout. It’s a circuit training-type routine and I ended up hurting my shoulder. I told Pavel I wasn’t sure if this was a good routine for me but he assured me I could handle it. Now I’m under instructions to ice it 3x a day and take Aleve for the pain. It wasn’t even 9 a.m. and my day wasn’t going well.

When I got home I received a call telling me my new glasses were in. Hooray! Looks like my day is going to improve. When I picked them up, I noticed one lens seemed fuzzy like it had a huge smudge on it. I didn’t think much of it because most places don’t clean my glasses as well as I do. Upon returning home, I cleaned and cleaned them and can’t seem to remove the smudge. It’s something you can’t see unless you have the glasses at just the right angle but it created a starburst effect if you look into the light. Grr. I had too much work to do to go back to the optometrist so I’m going over there today when I get off of work. I’m betting they have to send them off for a new lens which means another week of waiting for my glasses.

Steve did do me the huge favor of shopping at Sam’s for my Boca burgers for lunch. I was busy trying to get some work done in the studio and things weren’t going well when he called me at 5 p.m. For the first time since I can remember I completely destroyed a granulated earring. A special order one, of course. I had to laugh because it’s so funny to see a partially melted granulated project. Funny to me anyway. Guess it’s metalsmith humor. Still, I had to make another one to match the earring I hadn’t melted, granulate it and work on the pendant I was making to match. Fortunately, I didn’t melt anything else. I figured it was time to quit granulating so I decided to take inventory. By the time Steve got home I’d misplaced an entire bag of pendants I’d just made and counted. I looked and looked around and couldn’t find them. By this point in the day, I was wanting to call it quits but, being the obsessive person I am, I refused to leave the studio until I found my pendants. I finally started cleaning up my bench and found them under a rag.

While I was tempted to open a beer, I decided against the calories and just went upstairs to watch tv. Steve offered to cook dinner which was a delicious pasta with organic chicken and steamed broccoli. That was a nice end to the day.

Today I have to work until 4 p.m. and then I’m going to get this lens thing taken care of. Hopefully, today will be less stressful and more productive. If not, I just may have that beer.

1 Comment

Filed under Uncategorized

One response to “This and That

  1. Wow! That is one not – fun day! I hope that today is much better Tammy!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s