The weather has gotten warmer which means wearing less clothing to stay cool. The trick is how to look cool and stay cool at the same time. Before stepping out, let’s go over a few rules for summer.
1. If you’re going to wear sandals, make sure your feet are manicured. I’m not saying they must be polished, but at least trim your toenails and clean up your heels. This goes for men too!
2. As a general rule, buy white pants one size up and have them altered to fit properly. And wear nude-colored underwear! I shouldn’t even have to say this, but I’m tired of seeing striped, dotted or colored underwear with white pants.
3. If you’re going to wear a strapless top, buy a strapless bra. My sister is barely a size A and even she wears one. The last thing I want to see is you bouncing up and down.
4. There is such a thing as shorts that are too short. If you have to wax before wearing them, they are too short! I’m so tired of seeing girls wearing shorts that are shorter than my underwear. Gross!
5. Men, I don’t need to see your hairy back and shoulders. You can wear a tank top around your house, but put on a t-shirt when you’re in public. Also, if your gut hangs out below your shirt, it’s too short.
6. Bikini tops are meant to be worn to the pool or beach, not to the mall or Walmart. Put on a t-shirt.
7. Sunscreen: wear it!
I’m sure I’m missing a lot of things with this list, but these are my top gripes. What are yours? Share, please!