Yesterday was a day full of stress and emotions. I’ll start with the ugly which was my mid-morning breakdown. Within a half-hour’s time I’d received calls from our buyer’s home inspectors, termite inspectors and our real estate agent. It was just all too much. I began to feel like the walls were closing in on me and I snapped. I think I cried for about an hour, but got it all out of my system. I’m left with blotchy skin and very puffy eyes even today. Guess I should wear a bright scarf to light up my face.
Once my fit was over, Steve and I sat down and talked and decided that we both needed to get out of the house. We pulled ourselves together and ran some errands that included returning some items bought before the “crash” (as I’m calling it). We strolled around the Mall (not purchasing anything despite having some gift cards) and just took a breather. We both felt better after a few hours.
Steve contacted the woman he had interviewed with earlier in the week and she said she was just waiting on a green light from the owner to hire him. The owner can still veto the whole thing so it’s not a done deal. In the meantime, Steve got a lead on a job in Branson working for a company he’s not only familiar with, but has done work for in the past. He called the woman hiring who told him to get his application in immediately because she’s closing the interviews and will make sure he gets one. It’s a very strong possibility for him and we’re feeling positive about it. He probably won’t interview until early next week so we need to just stay calm over the weekend.
Our house buyers wanted to come here on Saturday to sign contracts but now want to wait until the house inspection is done since there wasn’t anything in the contract about inspections. We told them it could wait until Monday or we’d change the contract to reflect the inspections. We can’t move forward with the other house until we have a signed contract from our buyers, but we can wait. The other house is still empty, no one has looked at it and we still think it’s supposed to be ours. Besides we should wait until Steve has a job offer before doing anything drastic. I can’t handle losing a house and a job in one month.
Today we’re both feeling better although we’re still on pins and needles about jobs and houses. I know everything is a life lesson and this has been a biggie. Steve and I have taken a good, hard look at what’s important, our spending habits and our lifestyle. We’re hoping we can apply these lessons in the future and avoid another extreme situation. TGIF!