Never ask the question, “what next?” unless you’re prepared for the answer. Today was the day of waiting and we got some good news and some, well, possibly bad news. First, the good news. Steve got a call from the other company and he’s their #1 choice. All they have to do is complete the paperwork and get the offer letter ready and he’s in. Bad news is that it will probably be next week until he gets the official green light. Still, it’s a job and we’re not complaining!
But wait, there’s more. Our buyers emailed us and want out of the contract. They received the home inspection and are speculating that the chimney could need $2,500 worth of repairs. This speculation is all based on cracked mortar around the top. Basically, without a chimney inspection, they went off the deep end. Well, it was really Becky who decided the house was just too much for her to deal with. Apparently Paul told her that old homes need repairs and nothing in the inspection was a surprise to him. They got into a huge fight and Paul decided his marriage was more important than our house. Now, they have an out with the inspection, but I’m pissed that we’re possibly back to square one. Steve called Paul and Paul said he loves the house but can’t get Becky’s mind changed. Steve suggested that we leave everything until morning when everyone has a clearer head. Paul agreed.
Then there’s the house we’re trying to go to contract on. The sellers have not responded to our last offer, but apparently will tomorrow. So it’s another night of uncertainty here. I’m so tired of all this crap.
* Cheese and rice is what I say instead of Jesus Christ, which is a bit sacrilegious. Never mind all the cuss words I use daily…